Salish™ (SPA 493 cv.)
- Appearance: Medium-sized and bi-coloured with 80% solid cherry-red blush over a yellow base.
- Taste and texture: Tangy, juicy and very crisp
- Parents: Splendour and Gala.
- Picked: Early to mid-October
- Storage life: 6-8 months. This apple stores well and can be enjoyed for months because it stays fresher longer than many red apples.
- Best for eating: Mid-October to March
- Salish are only commercially grown in the Okanagan Valley but are being tested in a number of locations in Canada and throughout the world.