- 1 head of leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 2 Salish apples sliced and cored
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) toasted walnuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried cranberries
- 3 oz (85 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 oz (30ml) cider vinegar
- 3 oz (90ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) apple jelly
- Salt and pepper to taste
To toast walnuts, place small pieces in a frying pan, turn heat to medium and cook turning often until walnuts are fragrant and lightly toasted – maximum 5 minutes. Transfer to dish and let cool.
In a salad bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, olive oil, apple jelly, salt and pepper. Add sliced apples and coat well with salad dressing to ensure apples do not oxidize and turn brown.
Tear lettuce leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to salad bowl. Toss with dressing and apples just prior to serving. Top the salad with toasted walnuts, cranberries and goat cheese.